Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 34

I still feel slightly fuller. I'm starting to wonder if it's PMS again. It really shouldn't be PMS because I got my period on July 8th, which isn't that long ago at all. If my period stays consistent, my PMS symptoms should be starting during the first week of August. If this fullness I'm experiencing is in fact PMS, then I guess that means my period is going to start even earlier than last time, around the first or second of next month.

I've discovered two bad side effects of taking borage oil internally. One is that the smell perspires through my skin if I start sweating. Since it's summer (a very hot summer where I'm from--we're getting temperatures over 90 degrees everyday!) and I spend a lot of time outside, I still end up smelling of that horrible smell I've been trying to avoid. It's not as strong as it was when I was applying it directly to my skin, but it's still noticeable. At least to me it is, I don't know how much other people can smell it.

The other side effect is indigestion. I'm not 100% positive that the borage oil is to blame for this, but I only started getting stomachaches after I began taking it with my other herbs. I started getting really gassy, but the pangs I would get in my stomach were extremely sharp. I had to lie down on my bed and my couch on two separate occasions. I haven't used the borage oil at all during yesterday and today, and I haven't experienced that discomfort again. So I think it's pretty likely that the borage oil was the culprit.

I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do with my leftover borage oil pills now. I still have a ton of them left, because the bottle I bought contained 100 pills. I think I may have used something over 20 of them. It seems like a shame to throw them all out. I don't think I have any other option, though. I refuse to go back to massaging with it, because the social embarrassment it causes me isn't worth it. The smell clings tightly to my clothes as well, and even after washing them two or three times in a row, it still lingers. Taking it internally still gives me bad body odor and appears to be bad for my stomach. This is turning out to have been a bad purchase all around. It looks like I'm going to have to replace it with evening primrose oil or flaxseed oil.

I've been massaging only once a day for a while now, but I haven't taken any tea for the past few days. I think I've only missed my dose of herbs one time since I last updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment