Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 28

I've noticed that lately my skin has been breaking out a little bit. It's nothing drastic, but I absolutely hate having acne. Two of my relatives made comments about it today along the lines of, "Looks like your skin is acting up." So it's noticeable.

I don't know if this is a side effect from the herbs I've been taking, but I figure it's worth noting. I wouldn't be too quick to pin it on my NBE stuff, because my skin gets crappy when I go days being lazy with my maintenance of it. I haven't been washing it too thoroughly lately, and I think my diet hasn't been too good either (but right now I can't seem to recall any of the things I've eaten over the past week, which means this might not be accurate either). When I consume a lot of grease and/or sugar I tend to break out.

Anyway, one thing that people are definitely aware of is the borage oil odor. Most of the time I'm good about hiding it (usually this takes the wearing of several shirts), but sometimes I'll put myself in a position that airs out my chest and the smell will escape. Like today I bent down to write something and the person sitting in front of me said, "Ugh, did you smell that just now? It was like this really strong, sweaty smell." At this point I'm starting to get desperate. I don't want to disrupt my routine, but this is starting to get embarrassing.

I was also thinking about no longer using fenugreek extract in my massages. The fenugreek smells stronger than any of the other herbs and mixed with borage oil, it's just terrible. So to aleviate at least some of the horribleness (the borage oil is still the worst), I'm considering excluding it.

Now, I definitely don't want to throw out the bottle of fenugreek extract I have, so I think I should try taking it internally. This idea absolutely terrifies me, I'll admit. Fenugreek has a nasty smell, and fenugreek tea also has a nasty taste. So the idea of swallowing fenugreek extract is nightmare inducing. But I have to try it, because otherwise it's going to go to waste. And I really don't want to massage with it anymore.

We'll see how it all goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment