Friday, June 25, 2010

Massages and Teas

Today is my fifth day of NBE and so far I think I've done pretty well. I've taken all my pills, and I've massaged twice a day everyday (well, except for Day 2, during which I only massaged once). I'm starting to question how effective my massages are, since they're so short. Apparently Vitamin E lotion is a bit heavy to carry my herbs into the bloodstream. On the BE boards some members recommend using extra virgin olive oil for massage, because this makes the herbs easier to absorb or something. We actually have extra virgin olive oil at my house, but it's used for cooking (obviously). Also, I'd feel funny sneaking that oil to my room. Who knows though. I might start using it later today.

Some women also recommend applying heat to the breasts after massaging, because the heat is supposed to help with absorption. A lot of them use heating pads in order to achieve this. I'm debating whether or not I should try this. There are some pretty cheap heating pads on Amazon, so money isn't a problem.

Anyway, I'm happy to say that I've drank one fennel tea for the past two days. It smells absolutely terrible (like some horrible medicine) when there's only water and fennel in it, but I managed to sweeten it with cinnamon and brown sugar. The cinnamon made it have a very pleasant aroma too. I don't know if the sweeteners make the tea less potent, but it's the only way I can make the experience enjoyable. When I drank the fenugreek tea I didn't put anything in it to make the taste better, so that's probably why my experience was so bad. I still haven't tasted the saw palmetto tea, but I plan to either today or tomorrow.

I've become determined to start drinking my three teas everyday again (yes, even the fenugreek). I just need to look up some recipes to make them tasty. Once I'm done with this batch of fenugreek tea that I have, I'll probably switch to a different herb. There's plenty of reputedly estrogenic herbs out there, so it won't be hard to find another option. The only reason I went for the fenugreek tea is because this seems to be the most popular herb for NBE.

No comments:

Post a Comment