Friday, April 2, 2010

Updates

I went to an endocrinologist this morning, and I'm feeling a lot more relieved. The doctor told me that I shouldn't think too much of the results from my hormone test, because according to her, saliva tests aren't considered all that trustworthy by the medical community. She called it "nonsense." And even if they were trustworthy, she says that the numbers in the results don't signal anything major. She says that depending on what was going on with my cycle during that time, me not ovulating could be perfectly normal, as well as my progesterone level being lower than my estrogen level.

Nevertheless, in order for me to feel more sure about my hormone levels, she gave me an order to take blood tests to check more hormones. The list on the slip she handed to me says that I'm going to test my estradiol, progesterone, FSH, LH, prolactin, TSH, T3____ (I can't read what it says), cortisol, testosterone, DHEAS, and two others that are written too sloppily for me to read. I guess I'll have to find a lab to perform them, set up an appointment, and then wait for my results.

I'm feeling better about all this though, and I'm back to hoping that my hormones are balanced after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment