Friday, April 16, 2010

Just for my personal knowledge: I got my period on Wednesday, April 14, 2010.


Today I went to a lab in order to get my hormone levels tested through blood. I have my period right now, so I hope this doesn't affect my results. When I went to the endocrinologist a few weeks ago, the way she was asking me what day of my cycle I'd done my saliva test on, she made it sound like menstruation was relevant to hormone testing. But today, all the physicians I asked said it made no difference.

Tomorrow I'm getting a pelvis ultrasound to see if there's anything wrong with my insides, since I expressed concern about the fact that my results showed I hadn't ovulated. The endocrinologist said that that could have been perfectly normal depending where I was in my cycle at the time, but she also said it might be the symptom of a more serious problem. Just to make sure, I'm going to get it checked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment